Student Profile Explained
The student tab is where you keep track of your students, as well as add new students. After clicking Add New, you can enter the important data that you need to track for each student.
- The username and password are for logging into the online client or iOS/Android App.
- It is important to set birthday and gender are often important as you may be restricting some classes by age or gender.
- Address, City, State and Postal/Zip Code
- Phone numbers including cell, emergency contact, work phone, etc. You can designate what the number is for or the name of the contact.
- If you are using locations, the Primary Location helps determine where the money goes when they pay, and where the primarily take classes.
- How they heard about you, or specify who referred them.
- There are additional tabs at the top where you can add a photo
- In the notes tab, the “staff alert” is not visible to the student, but is visible to the staff in the form of an exclamation point that will show up next to their name in student lists, and the instructor can click to see.
- Prerequisites are uses to determine eligibility to classes.
- Under the Addtional tab, you can manually select membership categories, but also note purchasing sales items is often the way people are added to membership categories (note they can be in multiple categories!). If you do add one manually here, you can also set the …
- Activation date: the date the membership is started
- Expiration date: the date the membership expires for the current period.
- Termination date: the is more “final”, and the membership will not auto renew.
- You will also find other items in the additional tab like color coding, and set their registration date, set pricing levels, tuition override and more (maybe cover these in another tutorial).
Also in the student tab are these main tabs:
- Purchases: see all their purchases
- Ledger: see all their charges and payments
- Scheduled Payments: Add scheduled payments that apply to the account balance, or to unpaid charges. You can set the timing (ex. every 15th of the month). You can decide which card will be used.
- Waivers lets you see if they have signed any waivers or even message them to sign one if they haven’t already.